Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: subdividing large box files
From: Ibraheem Al-Badah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 May 2000 08:05:24 +0300

Dear Friends,
I really need your help on this one!  In our part of the global village (
Saudi Arabia), we mainly use large "box" files, those that are filed
laterally.  Those huge files can really house in the upwards of 500
individual records, making it hard to retrieve things without wasting
precious time.  My boss is not happy with this, and he wants me to somehow
divide each file up into smaller segments using guides and tabs.   My
question is,  are there any guidelines or a correct way for doing this?  By
the way, we use one file for each subject and/or name.
You can email me direct at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  ,
but I believe others might benefit too.
Thank you,
Ibraheem