Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Electronic Records Purge
From: "Alan S. Zaben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 3 May 2000 18:31:18 -0400

I tell everyone in my company that they have to purge their electronic
stuff by <enter a date> or it won't be accessible because the server hard
drive is getting full.  Then on <enter a date> plus 1, I compress all their
files so they can't get to them.  It is amazing how quickly they will purge
their files once I decompress them.

Of course, since I am the IT person as well as the information manager, I
wield the power over the computers.

Ain't life grand?

Alan

ALAN S. ZABEN
"A Cancer Survivor"
Edison, NJ

Cancer may have robbed me of that blissful ignorance that once led me to
believe that tomorrow stretched forever.  In exchange I've been granted
the wisdom to see each today as something special, a gift to be used wisely
and fully.  Nothing can take that away.

Hopes and dreams reign where cancer cannot go.