Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Record or Document
From: "Lowry, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:08:37 -0400

The one concern I've always had with the intellectual hair-splitting of such
terms as record, document, data, etc. is that if these concepts and somewhat
esoteric terms are pushed too much you end up confusing, and thus
alienating, the end users of your program.  Perhaps my attitude comes from
working in local government too long.  How do others feel about this?

David F. Lowry
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Albany County Hall of Records
250 South Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12202
V - (518) 447-4500
F - (518) 447-4508
www.albanycounty.com/achor
The views expressed on RECMGMT-L are mine and not necessarily those of
Albany County.