Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Informal survey
From: Rae Cogar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:52:01 -0500

I have been asked a question regarding records management practices in large organizations and thought I would ask this illustrious list to get the most accurate data.   The question posed is - how is records management done at a large public company - over 20,000 employees?   Is there a dedicated records management staff with director and support staff?   If so, where does this fall in the organization chart - under legal, administration or IT?    I know the answers to both questions will vary, but I am just trying to get a sense of how some companies are handling this today.

Thanks for your input.

Rae Cogar
(from lovely snowy Buffalo)