Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Informal survey
From: Stegh Leslie J <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:47:43 -0600

Rae:
        I report to the Chief Compliance officer, he reports to the Chief
Counsel, and he reports to the Chairman.  Deere & Company is international,
and has over 40,000 employees.
        My role (created a year ago) is to develop policy and give advice.
Manufacturing and marketing units are fairly autonomous and deal with their
records independently, except in the case of some "shared services," which
include much HR stuff.  Some units use off site storage vendors.  Corporate
headquarters has a records center (paper only) staffed by 1 1/2 people; it's
run as part of the corporate archives, the reporting line of which passes
through the SR HR VP.
Les
(from cold & snowless Moline)

Leslie J. Stegh, Manager