Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Introduction
From: Diana Peagler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:36:59 -0500

Hello Everyone:
My name is Diana Peagler. I am the Records Coordinator for the City of Southfield, MI. I have been in the business of records management in both the private and public sectors.

My greatest interest right now is finding the statutes governing retention for local government documents and electronic records. One example is various types of contracts (construction, service, personal services, etc.). Also, I am designing an inventory form that I know the layout must be user friendly. If there is a tried and proven sample, I would be interested.

I am wondering if there are any municipalities that have done a comprehensive not general Record Retention Schedule.

Please respond to me off-line. By the way, happy holidays to everyone.

Diana Peagler
City of Southfield
Voice: (248) 354-4788
Fax: (248) 354-5342