Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Retention period for Billing Registers
From: Bob Dalan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:15:35 -0600

Hello Everyone:

I work for an electric utility company that serves almost 127,000 customers in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.

I'm doing some retention research on Billing Registers (Current customer billing data, i.e. address, usage, type of service, and payment history to list a few things) for electric utility companies.

I am recommending 6 years, the department wants to know how long other electric utility company's retain these types of records.

Checking to see how long other electric utilities are retaining this billing data?

Bob

Roberto Dalan               Records Analyst
Otter Tail Power Company    Apps & Opers
215 S. Cascade St.          218-739-8207
P.O. Box 496                Fax 218-739-8717
Fergus Falls, MN  56537     [log in to unmask]