Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Legislation & Retention
From: "Heraldo, Karen (CA - Toronto)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:57:20 -0500

Hello everyone:

I have a quick question for this list.  I hope I can make it clear in
writing what I need to know.  Here it goes...

If you have records for a client that you've done work for and those records
are now up for destruction as per the retention schedule, but the work done
is related to a piece of government legislation still in effect, must you
keep those records?  An example of what I am talking about is Pay Equity
Studies that we have done for our clients in the past.  Someone told me I
must keep these records past the retention.  Is that correct?? Can someone
comment on this issue please

Karen Heraldo
Central Filing
181 Bay Street Suite 1100
Toronto, Ontario
Deloitte Consulting
Soon to become Braxton
J    416-874-3213 (Office)
K 416-874-3200 (Fax)

A very different approach for very different results