Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Defining a Record: WAS: Electronic Records Certifications
From: "Gervais, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Dec 2002 06:26:25 -0500

re:  This is quite an interesting discussion....

I agree with Susan:
I too think this is an  interesting discussion.  I believe the definition of
what a record is, in the traditional sense, with the advent of new
technologies and e-docs has grown.  The traditional definition still rings
true, however, we need to encompass the new generation or nouveau
information which is being generated in the electronic realm. It certainly
is an exercise worth undertaking.  I would be interested to hear what
organizations such as NARA, ARMA etc. have to say in this regard.  Cheers
folks.  Have a happy Friday!

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Business Development and Strategic Planning Division,
Information Management Directorate,
Finance and Administration Branch,
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency,
16th Floor, Albion Tower, 25 Nicolas Street,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L5

        '       (613) 957-6621
        "       http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca