Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Certifications and Respect
From: John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:30:26 -0500

I concur with Bill Benedon's frustration over the last year with the
floundering that has occurred regarding poor definition of the role of
strategic leadership for records managers professionally. ARMA International
needs to define a specific plan to address how SIM, certification, and "the
respect" issues are to related, addressed and SOLVED. There are many
"initiatives," but there is no fully developed program plan that will bring
together into a meaningful whole how these issues interrelate and what
exactly is expected to be accomplished. Lots of objectives exist intended to
make things better (somehow), but there are few defined and measurable
goals.

I am hoping to be able to more fully participate in defining some of these
goals over the next year, so that there will be a well-communicated
consensus-based Professional Challenges Strategic Plan for how to address
these issues.

John

John T. Phillips MSLS, CRM, CDIA, FAI
Information Technology Decisions