Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Document/content management systems and archives
From: George Despres <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:28:00 -0500

All,

I should first introduce myself: I'm George Despres, and I work at the
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Archives. I'm almost finished with my MLS course
work (archives concentration) at Simmons College, in Boston.

Lincoln Laboratory has recently implemented a document/content
Management (DM) system, supported by a Stellent content server.  As yet,
we do not have an institution-wide records management program. If your
organization has a (born digital) DM system, how is your archives
related to it? How does/will content specifically transfer to your
archives, when the primary DM stage of the records life cycle is
complete? Both policy and practice are of interest. A survey of web
literature provided a great deal of product information, but not much on
the intersect between these systems and archival custody. Thanks, in
advance, for any and all input that you can provide.

George Despres
Archives Assistant
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Library, S0-775
244 Wood Street
Lexington, MA  02420-9176 USA

email: [log in to unmask]
Voice: (781) 981-2259       Fax: (781) 981-2645