Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: ARMA Elections - VOTE
From: "mckinney, susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:53:33 -0600

Folks:

Just a friendly (somewhat) reminder that ARMA International is holding
elections for officers.  If you are a member of ARMA, you should have
received a ballot, either electronically or in paper format.

You know, lots of people complain about ARMA and what it is doing, and where
it is heading.  Some like it, some don't, and some don't care.  This is YOUR
opportunity to have a say in the leadership  and direction of ARMA.  PLEASE
remember to cast your vote before Jan. 15, 2003.

It seems that one of the excuses for not voting is that members "don't know
the candidates."   Let me help you with that excuse...look on the ARMA web
page and read the candidate statements.  Call or send them emails if you
have specific questions.  Heck, you can even ask questions here on the
listserv or on the ARMA member forum.  I vote in U.S. Presidential
elections, and I don't think I've ever met even one of the U.S. Presidents.
I don't know them but I know their stands on the issues.  We can't know
everyone personally in ARMA anymore.  But that is no excuse for not voting.

So, this is my message to you:  Vote, for crying out loud!  It's easy, it's
painless, and if you don''t vote, then you can't complain.  That' s my rule.

Fondly,
Susan

Susan McKinney, CRM
MGDPA Responsible Authority