Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart - Light Humor
From: "Naus, Rainer E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:57:27 -0500

I've never posted a non-records related item before, however, because of the
season I thought this might be appropriate.

This is in honor of our fun-loving colleagues north of the border.

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

 50 Fahrenheit (10 C)
 Californians shiver uncontrollably.
 Canadians plant gardens.

 35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C)
 Italian Cars won't start
 Canadians drive with the windows down

 32 Fahrenheit (0  C)
 American water freezes
 Canadian water gets thicker.

 0 Fahrenheit (-17.9 C)
 New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
 Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

 -60 Fahrenheit (-51 C)
 Mt.St. Helens freezes.
 Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

 -100 Fahrenheit (-73 C)
 Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
 Canadians pull down the ear flaps on their caps

-173 Fahrenheit (-114 C)
 Ethyl alcohol Freezes.
 Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the
 keg.

 -460 Fahrenheit (-273 C)
 Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
 Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

 -500 Fahrenheit (-295 C)
 Hell freezes over.
 The Vancouver Canucks win the Stanley Cup

Happy & healthy holidays to you all,

Rainer Naus
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP
Corporate Records Management