Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Size of average e-mail
From: "Frederic J. Grevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 25 Dec 2002 11:55:08 -0500

Ginny, in addition to all of the previous messages about file size,
attachments, & etc., I would add that the resources required to
manage a large collection of e-mail to ensure it is retrievable ---
with a reasonable amount of effort --- constitute a cost that should
not be overlooked. In the context, "resources" include staff time
(both end-user and MIS).

Warmest regards, and to all a happy holiday.

Fred.

On 23 Dec 2002 at 10:44, Jones, Virginia wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea of the size (in kb) of an average e-mail
> (without attachments)?  Is there a great difference in the size of an
> e-mail in plain text, html and rich text?
>
> Ginny Jones
> (Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
> Records Manager
> Newport News Dept. of Public Utilities
> Newport News, VA

Frederic J. Grevin
Director, Records and Archives Management
NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
59-17 Junction Blvd. (11th floor)
Flushing  NY 11373-5108
Phone:  718 595-4372
Fax:  718 595-4387