Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Microfilm Reader Printers
From: Janet L Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:03:50 -0600

Hopefully this group can give me some help.  I am looking for a reader
printer to replace our old one, which is no longer repairable.  We don't
use it often, but as with many things, when we need it, it must work.  Here
is what I am looking for: an analog model, not a digital one,  prints from
negative film, has rotation capabilities, and handles roll film.  I  have
done some research over the internet and have talked to a couple vendors.
What I have noticed is that screen size for most are 12" by 12", but some
are smaller.  What I would like is the unbiased opinion of this group as to
what is good and, maybe, what to stay away from.  Any recommendation?

I will consider a used model if I have some assurances of the reliability
of the company offering it for sale.  If you have dealt with and have had
good or bad results from a company that offers reconditioned equipment, I
would appreciate  hearing from you.

Yes, vendors may contact me if you have something that fits my needs, is
for low volume use, and reasonably priced.  Budgets are tight and I really
don't want to waste your time or mine with discussions of more elaborate
options.

Thanks.

Janet

Janet Nelson CRM