Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Technological Obsolescence of Records
From: Gary Vocks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:38:52 -0600

My thought about scenario #2 is that just because Company Y doesn't have the
system to read the tape doesn't mean that it can't be read.  Destroying it
before the end of it's retention period would NOT (IMHO) be "in the normal
course of business"!

Gary Vocks
Records Management Officer
Southern Illinois University