Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: WAS: Austin Chapter hosts Workshop,NOW: Topics re:Destruction , etc.
From: "Michael, Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:19:45 -0700

What is the recourse if you are being forced to comply with the shorter
retention by the organization responsible for enforcement of the shorter
schedule?  If you choose the longer retention, your organization will be
issued an audit finding for retention noncompliance.  If you choose the
longer retention, you are incurring additional storage costs and can be
accused of wasting money by "choosing" to retain records for a longer
retention.  I'm not sure that it is always a choice for that thee records
manager should make alone.

And, BTW, I am aware that this situation has happened, and continues to
happen.

Sincerely,

Lee Michael, CRM