Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: State Employee Salaries on the Web?
From: Kay Juricek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:19:42 -0700

http://www.state.co.us/dhr/comp/compplan.htm

this is for the state of Colorado

Kay Juricek
Governor's Advocate
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
4300 Cherry Creek Drive South
Denver, CO 80246
(303) 692-2037

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/03/02 08:30PM >>>
Hello All!

I am researching the cost benefit of posting salaries of University
employees (in accordance with California Public Records and
Information
Practices Laws) on the web.  Basically, this is a public record and I
am
thinking about creating a self service web page to save a lot of our
staff's
time and the peoples' money.

After a few hours of poking around on the web, it seems that this is
not a
popular idea. I found a few Canadian University sites where they (by
law)
publish the names and salaries of folks who earn over C$100,000.  In
the US
I found only two sites.  These sites
(http://www.thestateonline.com/db/salary/salary1.php
http://desmoinesregister.com/extras/salary/) are newspapers who have
published state employee salaries.

Does anyone have knowledge of public institutions that proactively
publish
their salary information on the web?

I used to recall that the State of Virginia published a salary list
every
year for its public U's.  It seems they haven't pushed this to the
web.

Anyway, your help is, as always, greatly appreciated!

Chuck

Chuck Piotrowski
Campus Records Manager
Chancellor's Office Administrative Records Supervisor
Office of the Chancellor
296 McHenry Library
University of California, Santa Cruz
1156 High St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
831.459.2666
http://www2.ucsc.edu/iam
office hours: Monday - Friday  10 a.m. to 7 p.m.