Help for HONORS-L Archives

HONORS-L Archives

Subject: The Honors Daily Opportunities List
From: "Dickison, Sheila" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:16:54 -0500

The Honors Daily Opportunities List
Thursday, January 16, 2003

Topics:

1. Honors Adviser in Hume on Fridays
2. Want to be part of SHO's production of "Much Ado About Nothing"
3. Applications available for Cicerones
4. DANZA Auditions
5. Gator Alliance for Teaching, Equality and Success (GATES)
6. Discounted Tickets for Les Miserables

Details:

1. HONORS ADVISER WILL BE IN HUME ON FRIDAYS: Marni Khan
will start Hume advising this Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.  Bring your
lunch and hang out with her and discuss campus related issues.  Or stop by
if you need advice in general.

2. MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING: Do you want to be a part of SHO's production of
Much Ado about Nothing?  If so come to auditions on Thursday at 8pm in the
Hume Classrooms.  Just memorize any 4 lines of Shakespeare prior to
auditions.  There are behind the scene jobs available as well.  No
experience is necessary.

3. APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE FOR CICERONES: Florida Cicerones is looking for
new members. Cicerones serve as University of Florida ambassadors by giving
campus tours,hosting presidential and alumni events, and much more.
Applications are available at Alumni Hall, Turlington, and The Reitz Union
Colonnade from January 15th to 17th. We will be accepting applications till
5pm at Emerson Alumni Hall on the 17th.

4. GATOR ALLIANCE FOR TeACHING,EQUALITY AND SUCCESS (GATES) is a student
volunteering organization with a focus on tutoring/mentoring disadvantaged
children. We currently volunteer at St. Francis House, Gainesville High, and
Eastside High. Our meeting are Tuesdays at 8pm in the Reitz Union. For more
information please email Tara at [log in to unmask] or call 846-7469.

5. DANZA AUDITIONS: DANZA Student Dance Company is holding auditions for its
Spring 2003 company on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 at 8 p.m. Auditions will
be held at the Student Recreation and Fitness Center Aerobics Rooms.  Please
arrive on time to register and warm up.  DANZA is a Student Government
sponsored dance company that is student run and is entirely centered around
student choreography. For any questions email [log in to unmask] YOU MUST
BRING YOUR GATOR 1 ID CARD TO THE AUDITION.

6. DISCOUNTED TICKETS FOR LES MISERABLES: Especially for Florida Gators! UF
students may purchase discounted tickets to Les
Miserables presented at the  Center for the Performing Arts,
January 28-February 2, 2003.  A $16.00 student priced ticket is
available for the Tuesday Evening, Wednesday Evening, Thursday Evening  and
Saturday Matinee.  To purchase tickets, log on to
www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/groupsales and use the password: ufspecial.
All tickets purchased online will be mailed directly to the
address provided online.  The last day to purchase tickets is Monday,
January 20, 2003.  This discount does not apply to tickets purchased
 before January 13, 2003.

You can also find a good description of this epic musical at this website
(you need to use the password to enter the site.)  A real bargain!

Sheila Dickison
Director, University Honors Program
352-392-1519
352-392-1888 (fax)
http://www.honors.ufl.edu

You can find a link to the List Serv Archives (previous messages) at
http://www.honors.ufl.edu You can search there for previous messages.
If you would like me to post a notice to the List Serv, please send it
to me at least several days before the event. Please use plain text (no
formatting)
and put the name of the event in the subject line.