Help for HONORS-L Archives

HONORS-L Archives

Subject: The Honors Daily Opportunities List
From: "Dickison, Sheila" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 22 Jan 2003 06:38:27 -0500

The Honors Daily Opportunities List
Wednesday, January 22, 2003

Topics:

1. S/U Option Deadline
2. Pre-Professional Service Organization
3. Undergraduate Women in Science Meeting
4. Free Comedy Show
5. Friends for Life of America Meeting
6. Pre Med AMSA Forum
7. Student Organization Fair

Details:

1. S/U Option deadline: Friday Jan. 24; forms are available in 222 Criser
Hall. I'll run some info tomorrow on the pros and cons of S/U.

2. Are you a PRE-MEDICAL, PRE-DENTAL, OR PRE-VETERINARY STUDENT?  If so,
then PSO, also known as the Pre-professional Service Organization, is
looking for you!!We are a student run organization consisting of pre-health
professionals who donate their time towards community events, volunteering
at various hospitals and clinics of our respected fields, and engaging in
social and service events with other students pursuing similar careers.  We
would love to have you, so please take the time to visit our web-site at
http://grove.ufl.edu/~pso to
learn more about PSO and to fill out an application.  Applications are due
by Monday, Jan. 27th, 2003 by 5 PM in room #314 located on the third floor
of the J.W. Reitz Union.

3.UNDERGRADUATE WOMEN IN SCIENCE MEETING (UWIS) is holding it's first
meeting of the semester Thursday, January 23rd at 6pm in LEI 309.  Come meet
other science majors and learn what we are allabout.  This meeting we will
be discussing intramurals, schooldemonstrations, brownie activities, socials
and much, much more.  After themeeting, join us at Java Lounge for our first
coffee social of the semester!For more information, email [log in to unmask]
To join the UWIS listserv,email [log in to unmask]

4. FREE COMEDY SHOW: FREE COMEDY SHOW! Reitz Union Board and Black Student
Union present
comedian Leon Rogers hosted by Double D.
Wednesday, Jan 22., 8 p.m.
Reitz Union Grand Ballroom
Rogers has appeared on BET Comic View and in the movie
Barbershop.  Don't miss the show!

5. FRIENDS FOR LIFE OF AMERICA: Interested in helping children with cancer?
Come to the next Friends for Life meeting this Thursday night, January 23rd
and get involved!  The meeting will be at 7pm in room 286 of the Reitz
Union.  We will be discussing upcoming events and programs for the semester,
such as the Mile for a Child 5k and our Global Outreach program.  Please
feel free to attend.  We hope to see you there!

Friends for Life of America is a national student organization that provides
educational, emotional, and financial support for pediatric patients living
with cancer.

6. PREMED AMSA would like to invite you to the 6th Annual Medical College
Forum.  This year's forum will be held on Saturday, February 22, 2003 in the
J Wayne Reitz Union.  MCF brings together admissions officers from medical
schools across the country and premed students from across the state.  MCF
gives you the opportunity to ask specific questions about a medical school's
characteristics from the officers themselves.  Registration forms are
available at the Premed AMSA office in Room 327 of the Reitz Union or are
available online at www.ufpremed.org/mcf.  The cost is $5, which includes a
T-shirt, the program, and refreshments after the forum.  Registration forms
and payment are due to the Premed AMSA office no later than Friday, February
14, 2003 at 4 pm.  If you have any questions or concerns, please do not
hesitate to email us at [log in to unmask] or visit our website at
www.ufpremed.org/mcf.

7. STUDENT ORGANIZATION FAIR: On Wednesday, Jan. 22, IDEAL is hosting the
Student Organization Fair. If you are interested in meeting members from
some of UF's most active groups, come by the Colonnade of the J. Wayne Reitz
Union from 10 am to 3 pm. Classic Fare will be there with examples of some
of their tasty treats and will have information on how groups can apply for
food scholarships. Last year over 100 groups participated in the Student
Organization Fair. This is a one-stop shopping opportunity for students who
want to meet people, identify leadership opportunities and get involved. For
more information, call 392-1671 x311.

Sheila Dickison
Director, University Honors Program
352-392-1519
352-392-1888 (fax)
http://www.honors.ufl.edu

You can find a link to the List Serv Archives (previous messages) at
http://www.honors.ufl.edu You can search there for previous messages.
If you would like me to post a notice to the List Serv, please send it
to me at least several days before the event. Please use plain text (no
formatting)
and put the name of the event in the subject line.