Help for HONORS-L Archives

HONORS-L Archives

Subject: SHO Events week of 3/17
From: "Dickison, Sheila" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:08:44 -0500

REMINDER: All candidates for SHO Officer Elections must register at
http://grove.ufl.edu/~sho by Midnight this Wednesday, March 19!  Campaigning
will take place March 20-26, and elections will be held online on Wednesday,
March 26.

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19
===================
MARCH BOOK CLUB MEETING
"A Prayer for Owen Meany"
Oxford Coffee Company, 7pm
See more details below

THURSDAY, MARCH 20
==================
NIGHT OF THE MAD KARAOKE
Honors College Commons, 8-10pm
Pizza and Mocktails Served

SATURDAY, MARCH 22
==================
COMMUNITY SERVICE EVENTS
March of Dimes, Humane Society Volunteering
These are excellent opportunities!
Scroll down for more information

SUNDAY, MARCH 23
================
SUNDAES ON SUNDAYS: THE OSCARS
Honors College Commons, 8:30pm
Plenty of Ice Cream, Toppings, & Oscars!

*****ADDITIONAL/DETAILED INFORMATION*****

BOOK CLUB NEWS
==============
After all the wait, it's finally here: The Week of Book Club!!  Our first
meeting at the Oxford Coffee Company (a.k.a. The Ox) is THIS WEDNESDAY,
March 19, at 7:00pm.

We are discussing the book "A Prayer for Owen Meany," the book that was the
basis for the movie "Simon Birch."  Now, after reading the book, we will
have the chance to discuss the book together.  Come to the Ox at 7pm on
Wednesday, March 19, and tell everyone what you think about the book!!!

We will have coffee and pastries at the meeting.  If you need directions,
email me and I'll send them to you.  Also, if you haven't RSVPed, there is
still time, just email me and I'll put you on the list!!  Come and support
the All-New Honors Book Club and see what you've been missing!!

Emily Mitchem

MARCH OF DIMES INFO
====================
March of Dimes Walk America takes place this Saturday from 8am until Noon.
You can pick up entry forms from your RCA or from the Hume Activity Room.
From 5pm to 9pm on Wednesday and Thursday of this week, the SHO Community
Service Committee will be collecting entry forms and money from 5-9 service
people will be in the Activity Room collecting the entry forms and money for
the walkers.  E-mail [log in to unmask] for additional information.

HUMANE SOCIETY ADOPTION DAY
===========================
If you love pets, come help the Alachua County Humane Society with its
adoption program this Saturday, March 22.  Help is needed during two
different sessions, 9am-1pm and 1pm-5pm.  There is limited space, so be sure
to send an e-mail to [log in to unmask] right away if you are interested.
You also can e-mail the Community Service Committee at the above address if
you have any questions.

    .-. .-.
   (   |   )
 .-.:  |  ;,-.