Help for HONORS-L Archives

HONORS-L Archives

Subject: The Honors Daily Opportunities List
From: "Dickison, Sheila" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:25:28 -0500

The Honors Daily Opportunities List
Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Topics:

1. More Info on Honors Course Registration
2. Honors Adviser Available in Hume Tuesday and Wednesday pm
3. More Info for National Merit, Hispanic and Achievement Scholars
4. Jewish Awareness Month Speaker
5. See "As You Like It."
6. Hindu Student Council MulticulturaL Charity Show
7. Forum on Healthy Realtions between Men and Women
8. Entrepreneur's Club
9. Check the Archives for these Events TODAY:
http://lists.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=honors-l
A. Speaker from the Population Research Institute
B. Anime Screening

Details:

1. INFO ON HONORS COURSE REGISTRATION: Go to www.honors.ufl.edu Click on
Courses and then on Fall 2003 for the Fall Schedule of Honors Courses.
Honors course registration will take place this Thursday and Friday (27th
and 28) from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on each of those days.
If you are not able to register for an Honors course on those days, it is
likely to be ONE of the following reasons: 1) you have a gpa below 3.0 2)
you are in your 4th semester or beyond 3) you have a hold on your record 4)
the class has no spaces in it.

Sometimes the Registrar's Office is tests the system before 9:00 am on
Thursday. If you register before then when the system is open, your
registration will be purged from the system.

Honors does not teach courses in the Summer but we do have a number you can
use for research or internship credit. You can get application forms in our
office or at the Honors web site.

2. HONORS ADVISER AVAILABLE IN HUME TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY PM: at the request
of SHO Prof. Drummond is going to be available for advising in the Hume
study lounge on Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:00 to 4:30 prior to
registration on Thursday and Friday.

3. MORE INFO FOR NATIONAL MERIT, HISPANIC AND ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARS: If you
are
planning to use your stipend ($ 2000 or $ 1000) for study abroad etc. this
summer, please note that April 15 is the deadline to apply for it. Forms are
available in our office or online at the Honors web site at
www.honors.ufl.edu Click on Scholarships.

If you plan to use one of your eight semesters of scholarship this summer,
please see Fran Green in the Honors office. You need to register for 12
credit hours to do so and there is some paperwork you need to do. (I do not
recommend 12 hours in summer for most students!).

4. JEWISH AWARENESS MONTH SPEAKER: Jewish Awareness Month and Center for
Jewish Studies Present:
Alex Grass, Founder and CEO of RiteAid Drugstore Chain, UF Alumnus
TONIGHT! (Tuesday, March 25th)
In CSE E121 at 8pm.

5. "AS YOU LIKE IT." Shakespeare's "As You Like It"  will be
held at the Acrosstown theater on Main Street at 8:00 pm on March 27, March
28, March 29, April 3, April 4, April 5, April 10, April 11, April 12, April
17, April 18, and April 19. The ticket price is $5 and tickets are available
at Omni bookstore, Book Gallery, and at the door.
(Sid Homan's Honors class is one of the groups working on this. I really
enjoyed "Julius Caesar" last year.)

6. HINDU STUDENT COUNCIL MULTICULTURAL CHARITY SHOW: Hindu Students Council
presents MultiCultural Charity Show 2003
On FRIDAY March 28, 2003
At 8:00 PM
In the ICEC, the white bulding on SW 13st between Archer and       SW 16th
AVE. Enjoy performances by HSA, Hip-hop, Capoeira Bhangra and many more.
FREE SNACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be collecting canned goods.

7. FORUM ON HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN: Greetings from the
Institute of Black Culture at the Dean of Students Office!  We will be
hosting a forum on healthy relationships between men and women entitled Two
Can Play That Game: Part II .  The forum will be lead by Dr. Alvin Lawrence
from the Student Health Care Center and Andrea Weathersby from the
Counseling Center.  It will be held Wednesday March 26 at 7:30 pm.  We are
located at 1510 West University Avenue, right across the street from the
business college.  Also, refreshments will be served. If anyone needs more
information, they can call 392-1261 ext. 251.

8. ENTREPRENEUR'S CLUB: Wednesday, March 26 at 6:00 PM in NEB 102
Come out this Wednesday for a workshop on the legal structure of a startup
company. It will cover the role that intellectual property plays when you
decide to start a business. Also, we will be discussing elections for the
2003-2004 year and the future of TEC. If you are interested in running for a
officer position or becoming more involved in TEC please come out this
Wednesday.

The 2nd Annual Entrepreneurs Club Banquet will be held April 9th and for
more information of how to make reservations, please attend this upcoming
meeting. Chris Lyn-Sue, Wednesday, March 26 at 6:00 PM in NEB 102

9. SEARCH THE ARCHIVS FOR TUESDAY EVENTS PREVIOUSLY POSTED. Go to
http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/honors-l.html  Click on Search the Archives,
then on Start the Search and then on Item number to find the whole
announcement.

Sheila Dickison
Director, University Honors Program
352-392-1519
352-392-1888 (fax)
http://www.honors.ufl.edu

You can find a link to the List Serv Archives (previous messages) at
http://www.honors.ufl.edu You can search there for previous messages.
If you would like me to post a notice to the List Serv, please send it
to me at least several days before the event. Please use plain text (no
formatting)and put the name and date of the event in the subject line.