Help for HONORS-L Archives

HONORS-L Archives

Subject: Survey on the Honors Residential College at Hume
From: "Dickison, Sheila" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:14:12 -0400

April 14, 2003

Dear Honors Student,

On behalf of the Department of Housing and Residence Education and the UF
Honors Program, I am requesting your help in gathering some feedback about
the Honors Residential College at Hume Hall.  As you know, we are at the end
of our first full year of having an Honors Residential College on campus.
As the first Honors students to take advantage of this program, it is
important for us to hear from you and take your experiences and ideas into
consideration for the future.  The purpose of this survey is to assess your
attitudes and expectations of the programs and resources available to all
Honors students at the Honors Residential College.  Hume Hall residents will
be asked to answer additional questions that will help us to better
understand the characteristics of the Honors students living in Hume.
Results from the survey will help the Department of Housing and Residence
Education and the Honors program enhance the Honors Residential College
experience for future Honors students.

If you are willing to take approximately 15 minutes to complete the survey,
please click on the website below and follow the instructions.  The survey
will be posted on this site between April 16 and April 30.

http://128.227.203.8/surveys/wsb.dll/Housing/humesurvey.htm

Participation in this survey is entirely voluntary and you may withdraw from
participation at any time without penalty.  Choosing to participate or not
to participate will in no way influence your standing with the Honors
program or the Department of Housing and Residence Education.  Also, you do
not have to answer any questions on the survey that you do not wish to
answer.  There are no anticipated risks involved in completing this survey.
All surveys are confidential and there are no identifying features in this
survey that can be traced back to individual responses unless you choose to
add this information in one of the open-ended questions in the survey.  Your
identity will be kept confidential to the extent provided by law.  There is
no compensation for participating in this study.

If you have any questions concerning the survey, you may contact me at Diane
"DP" Porter, 392-3129, [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Any questions or concerns about your rights in this study can be directed to
the UFIRB Office, Box 112250, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
32611-2250.

Thank you for your time.  I know that it is even more valuable at this time
of the semester.  I sincerely appreciate your honest feedback.

Diane "DP Porter
Assistant Director of Housing for Academic Initiatives

This research is approved by University of Florida Institutional Review
Board (IRB 02), Protocol #2003-U-351.

By going to the website and completing the Honors Residential College at
Hume Hall Survey of Expectations and Experiences, you voluntarily agree to
participate in the project.  Print a copy of this procedure to maintain for
your own records.

GO GATORS!

J. Diane "DP" Porter
Assistant Director of Housing for Academic Initiatives
University of Florida Housing Office
PO Box 112100
Gainesville, FL  32611-2100
Ph# 352-392-3129