This March, you're invited to join the National Archives (Mid Atlantic Region) in Harrisburg for two records management workshops.
Monday, March 17 (9 am - 4 pm)
"Introduction to Records Management"
For those who can only spare a day, this workshop introduces the basic concepts and practices of records management in the Federal government. Learn how to use the tools of records management to get a better handle on your agency's most valuable resource - information. Learn:
- Key terms, trends, and regulations
- Importance of records inventories, file plans, and schedules
- How to use the Federal Records Center
- When you can legally destroy records
- How to manage e-mail and electronic records
Tuesday, March 18 (9 am - 4 pm)
"Electronic Records Issues"
This one-day workshop covers the most pressing issues in managing electronic records in the Federal government. Identify the key differences between an information system and a true electronic recordkeeping system. Learn:
- What you can and can't do with your e-mail system
- How to apply technology standards and comply with regulations
- What to look for in records management software
Both workshops will be held in the Grand Jury Room on the 8th floor of the Federal Building and US Courthouse, 228 Walnut Street, Harrisburg, PA. Each workshop costs $125. To register for either, contact Dana Keene at (215) 671-9027, x. 252, or e-mail her at [log in to unmask]
David S. Miller
National Archives and Records Administration
Mid Atlantic Region
voice: (215) 673-5806
fax: (215) 671-0273
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html
Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance