Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Question: Are there any standards for DVD/Is DVD a viable arc hiv e medium?
From: "Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:09:40 -0400

> Are there any
> written standards for using DVD as a long term storage
> medium?
No.  There are no established standards for the longevity of DVD or CD. I
understand there is an ISO standard in the works, but it is still a draft.
The only standard that may pertain is "ANSI/NAPM IT9.21-199 Life Expectancy
of Compact Discs (CD-ROM) - Method for Estimating, Based on Effects of
Temperature and Relative Humidity."

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager