Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Process for subpoenaed records
From: Rich Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:07:33 -0600

As an FYI you might check out http://www.thesedonaconference.org/publications_html . The Sedona Working Group is developing on some principles which should help in working your way through the electronic record litigation maze.

Just my thoughts and may not reflect the opinion of my agency or the State of Wyoming.

Rich Wilson, MCP
Electronic Records Unit Supervisor
Wyoming State Archives
2301 Central Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0001
Phone:307-777-5586  Fax:307-777-7044

E-Mail to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties.

In a message dated 10/7/2003 12:32:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

> The
> subject of proper procedures for subpoenaed records is also an issue in my
> workplace.

for everyone's information there now exists an ARMA Litigation Support Taskforce that is addresses these questions. The TF was just established a couple of months ago and is just getting its feet wet at the moment.

that said when developing a procedure remember that it must meet the needs of your organization. don't make it onerous, don't make it burdensome and don't laden it with RM jargon that will throw implementers off.

ttfn
Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va