Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: "Paperless" - Preserving Media as a RM - How to impress IT and the CEO
From: Sherri Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:38:32 -0500

Rich,

and/or "free stuff", and the term of hostage fees.

Ever hear that you never get something for nothing?  Well that is true in
most cases, any time something free is being offered up front you can bet
that they are making it back up somewhere within the terms of the contract.

Many times this is where the "hostage" fee comes into play.  What you have
been given "free" up front is contractually written in to be re-cooped at
the end of your contract.  Many, many times this equates to such a high
dollar figure that most companies will just stay put and settle for whatever
price increases are presented rather than pay an exorbitant amount of money
in lump sum....  hence the word "hostage", you have to pay a huge ransom to
get yourself free again.

Sherri Taylor