Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: email and IM archiving
From: Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Oct 2003 07:42:39 +1000

"Can anyone share with me which vendor they are using for E-Mail or IM
archiving"

Jim

We have SAP as our ERM system (financials, CRM etc) and Lotus Notes for
email and IM. We are looking into using Ixos for email archiving, as we
have it already for SAP archiving. So we have Ixos operational for SAP
archiving but not yet operational for archiving Lotus Notes emails. We
have not yet looked into IM archiving. So you can see that the question
'which vendor' depends very much on which platform you start from.

Please note in this context that 'archiving' does NOT mean what RMers
think it does. Here it just means 'move to near line or offline storage'.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any previous
or present
employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and they'd agreed, I
would have signed
it "Bloggs and Co and Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return
e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected
your business contact details for dealing with you in your business
capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information,
including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.