Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Promoting a "Clean out your Records Day" within a Organizatio n
From: "Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:23:34 -0400

In Arthur Anderson's case, it was the decision of a "branch/regional"
manager in
Texas to override the retention policy (i.e. not follow it).  The RM was not
asked or informed of the manager's decision.  As for Enron - I remember
quite a bit of discussion in the media about a memo from the Corporate
Attorney that was interpreted as "shred now."  Legal opinion tends to carry
more weight than RM policies in most corporations.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division