Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Cost Benefit Analysis for Software
From: "Mark, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:24:00 -0700

Good morning Carolyn and all.

I have one issue that I've found my IT department has overlooked when
preparing a cost analysis for a new system. That is the migration cost.
While this can be an issue that is hard to "pitch" to upper management
(and I speak from experience), at least you can document the attempt. It's
my understanding that just the conversion cost alone, should be at least 10%
of the purchase cost of the system being implemented. That does not include
the purchase of the newer technology. Please correct me if I'm wrong. See
you all in Boston!

Just my two cents,
Eric Mark
Records and Information Management