Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Cost Benefit Analysis for Software
From: Carolyn Trim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:47:14 -0500

Thanks for reminding me of some stuff so far.  I spent three hours locked in
a room with the IT director and large white board mostly reviewing
functional structure and some system issues.  Basically I walked in at the
end of a application selection process (so they thought) that everyone had
spent lots of brain time on but no pencil time building a framework to seek
consensus on the elephant they want to buy.

Has anyone dealt with records/information management issues with the main
software processing in a corporate area and they have update and push out
information each night to remote Citrix (spelling?) and update each server?
Sort of like my vision of the old mainframe stuff.  During the day, I could
different versions of data and forms across the US until a system stop and
upgrade sweep each night.  Has anyone faced this? Is this normal in today's
IT world?

Carolyn Trim, CRM