Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Retention Periods Web
From: "Gervais, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:06:30 -0400

It is an Intranet website internal to Agency employees (50,000).  Yes, you
are correct when you say I would like a snapshot and also yes for historical
reasons.  The challenge, as I see it, is that the information is found
elsewhere in the organization and thus already captured.  The information
already falls under our Multi-Year Disposition Plan (MYDP).  However, the
information is not captured in a format such as the web, which is unique.
When looking back it would be nice to see the evolution of the information
on the website, look at effective methodologies for communicating our
corporate information.  In other words, what is working and what is not etc.
For the purpose of retention/audit trail etc. I would be keen to know if
anyone is actually assigning a retention period to web pages.  Thanks Peter,
as always very insightful!  Cheers.

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Policy and Communications Section
Strategic Planning and Communications Division
Information Management Directorate
Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
25 Nicolas Street, 16th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L5

' 1-613-957-6621

* [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>