Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Requesting sample RIM Policies and retention schedule formats
From: Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:37:56 +1000

Terry

I've sent a copy of our DRM Policy direct to you. There is also a
collection of examples on the NSW State Records web site:

http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/publicsector/rk/bestp/Examples.htm

But I agree with other postings, you have to tailor things to suit each
organisation. I think ours is very generalisable (ie it's all policy, no
procedure at all, and a lot of motherhood statements wrapped up so as to
give me a lot mor power than management realise) but it's (a) Australian
(b) government and (c) for a highly decentralised organisation.

Hope this helps

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any previous
or present
employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and they'd agreed, I
would have signed
it "Bloggs and Co and Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.