Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Retention Schedules
From: "McIntyre, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:00:30 -0400

An attorney in my firm asked what the rules are for retaining legal records
in NYS. The figures that popped into my head were 7 years for most stuff, 10
for accounting / billing records. Is there some place I can find this (or
the correct limits if I am wrong) and print it out? He needs to see it in
writing.

Thanks much.

Scott

Scott McIntyre
Assistant Records Manager
Farrell Fritz, P.C.
EAB Plaza
Uniondale, NY  11556
(631) 227-0600 x268

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE:  The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you
receive this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately
and delete the material from any computer.