Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Retention Schedules
From: "Gary L. Grieme" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:28:30 -0500

We notify the client in writing that the retention period has expired, and give them the option of taking the file.  Upon request we will schedule retention periods in accordance with the client's policy.

Gary L. Grieme
Records Manager
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.
Minneapolis, MN
612-349-8538

What do you do at the end of the ten year period?  Do you forward the files to the clients or do you destroy them?  And what happens when a corporate client ha its own records retention policy, which is different from yours_ which retention period do you use?  Thanks
Vladimir Alfaro