Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Retention Schedules
From: Diane Dalessandro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:55:18 -0400

I can tell you what we do from a corporate perspective.  We expect all
outside counsel firms to notify us prior to destruction of records.  On
rare occasions, we may ask to have them returned to our office for
review, most of the time we approve destruction.  It is also our
expectation that they have done their homework regarding state & fed
regs when setting retention periods.

As a general rule we maintain all settlement agreements on a
permanently.

Diane Dalessandro
Records Manager
Cablevision

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/14/03 12:20PM >>>
What do you do at the end of the ten year period?  Do you forward the
files to the clients or do you destroy them?  And what happens when a
corporate client ha its own records retention policy, which is different
from yours_ which retention period do you use?  Thanks
Vladimir Alfaro