Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: alot of insurance
From: Judy Piccininni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:49:49 -0500

Awhile back, the list discussed insuring records.  Recently I this issue
was discussed here, at Fairfield, and I thought it might be of interest.

Fairfield Industries acquires and processes seismic data, which is used
for discovering oil.  Fairfield produces the computer hardware and
software, and also goes out into the field to acquire data.

At Fairfield, we do not insure the records in our imaging system (the
administrative records, per se).  But Fairfield has all its seismic data
fully insured.  We have one of the world's largest supercomputers here
in this building ... that is a lot of insurance on records.  :-)

On to (much) more important topics ... I wish I could go to a conference
in Australia!

Oh, BTW, thanks very much for the off-list responses to my poll.  Very
helpful!  Much appreciated. :-)

Judy Piccininni

(Pronounced peach a nee nee)