Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: fishing trip
From: Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:53:54 +1000

The only trouble is, while you lot are swanning around on the Barrier
Reef, and while John is wandering down the Diamantina doing QA on the pubs
on his way to sunning himself beside the waters of Lake Eyre, the
conference will actually happen in South West Tasmania. February is best,
you can guarantee you will get bright early Autumn sunlight, and snowed
on, at least once a day (when it's not raining), and the mud is usually no
more than thigh deep. Of course you have to walk/wade/climb with a 35kg
pack (about 2.3 archive boxes) for a couple of weeks to get there,
accommodation and food is whatever you can carry, and there are ZERO pubs
(stay in Hobart for that). And the wildlife is teriffic - at least one
tiger snake in the middle of the track every hundred metres or so, and
possums which effortlessly break into tents and packs to QA your food
standards. Not to mention the Drop Bears.

Go there to see and experience some of the best wilderness scenery in the
World. Just the place for a conference.

As Grahame has said, Australia has some great places to visit, it just
takes a bit of effort to get to most of them.

See you all there.

ps - local slang, the reference to Lake Eyre is known as 'sandbagging'.

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any previous
or present
employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and they'd agreed, I
would have signed
it "Bloggs and Co and Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.