Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Enough: fishing trip and drop bears
From: Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:59:01 +1000

Read all the good stuff PAK refers you to, and keep in mind the following
essential information when bushwalking (backpacking, trekking, tramping,
depending on your local dialect) in Australia:

* Drop bears are about the size of a Koala, and like them, are not
actually bears at all. Unlike a koala, whose main weapon is an extremely
concentrated urine especially when politicians are about, drop bears have
large curved teeth and claws, like a sabre-toothed tiger.

* They hide in eucalyptus trees, and drop onto the last member of
bushwalking parties (so don't be last), biting them on the back of the
neck

* The only known protection is to wear a floppy white terrytowelling beach
hat.

* Drop bears are NOT restricted to Queensland but are especially prevalent
when gullible tourists are bushwalking for the first time with gnarled
Australian bushwalkers of vast age and experience.

Now, back to revising my DRM Strategic Plan . . .

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any previous
or present
employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and they'd agreed, I
would have signed
it "Bloggs and Co and Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.