Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: documentum, and keeping up
From: Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:10:30 +1000

I did, and it looks like it shouldn't make much difference, at least in
the short term. The motivation seems to be to broaden the sales armoury
not to rip off customer lists or "optimise back office synergies".

But for those who missed out on the announcements, I suggest all repeat
all professional RMers need to subscribe to some sort of IT e-newsletter.
It really helps to stay one step ahead of your IT people, even if you
don't understand a lot of the technical guff. I can at least nod wisely
and say "Yes, I was reading about that a couple of days ago" when IT
people announce breathlessly the news about the latest virus, or
Microsoft's moves to add document management functionality to MS Office,
or takeovers like Documentum, iRims, Foremost, PC Docs etc etc etc.

I use several e-newsletters, probably the most all-embracing and least
technical is the range of stuff from TechRepublic http://techrepublic.com.com.

None of us can afford to limit our professional reading to the RM world.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any previous
or present
employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and they'd agreed, I
would have signed
it "Bloggs and Co and Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.