Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Storage of x-rays
From: "Baldwin, Edward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:38:04 -0400

Donna,
I concur with Richard, Liz, and Cliff on this topic. Most likely if you ask
the film manufacturer they will probably say that horizontal storage for a
short period of time is ok. However, if your staff needs to retrieve
something on the bottom they have the opportunity to hurt themselves due to
the weight of the film as well as scratch/damage the film by trying to pull
from the bottom. Even the vertical boxes have some significant weight if
you have to carry them far but they make the film more manageable. This is
especially true for you or your staff when your 9 months is up and you want
to inventory & ship to long term storage (it's hard to keep a large heavy
stack organized). I have ordered storage boxes from Paige in the past but
I'm sure that any good storage box manufacturer would be able to supply you
with these.
Ed Baldwin