Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Fetal Heart Monitor Strips
From: BobD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:07:35 -0700

I have always loved the retention established by some of the states.  "Life
of the Patient plus 20 years" has to be one of the more illogical retention
requirements established by supposedly knowledgeable people.  How do you
determine when the 20 year period starts.  Just call it "Permanent" and
forget it.

The retention was created by the same person who said "keep it until the day
after I retire".

Bob Dalton, CRM
Dalton Consulting