Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Retention Period ? - private sector - procurement & HR
From: Natalie Boon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:03:48 -0400

Hi-

I'm trying to determine retention periods for procurement and HR records and have been asked what the prevailing standards are for US firms.  Being Canadian, that's thrown me a bit of a loop.  So if anyone can assist me I'd really appreciate it.

So....

1. What is the US standard retention period for procurement records?

2. What is the standard retention period for Human Resources (employee files) records in the private sector?

Thanks--

Natalie Boon
Information Management Consultant
Information Management Solutions