Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Retention Schedule Advice
From: Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:30:04 -0700

Terra,

The basic question here is, are these reference documents. If they are just
for reference, keep them as long as useful, no more than a year for routine
logs and then dispose. If they are not reference, if they are being used to
document media interaction I would guess something along the order of three
years. It could even be longer depending on why you need to document media
interaction. If there is a specific incident or occurrence that might be
related to legal action you will be stuck for it. I would find out the
function of the logs then schedule from there.

Chris Flynn