Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Third party record holders
From: Gerry Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:52:07 EDT

Alicia,

It seems to me to be pretty straight forward.  If state records are being
held by whomever, nothing is to be done with those records without explicit
written instructions by (put in here name or organization).

As you have stated they are other providers, and they should be looked at as
a storage facility vendor, such as Iron Mountain.  As a vendor Iron Mountain
must following all procedures given them by their clients.  So should your
providers.  If I can be of further assistance email me off-line.

Regards,
Gerry Clifford,
Clifford & Associates
360-835-5102