Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: electronic docs + OCR - and Docs vs Records
From: Grahame Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:06:33 +0800

No need to apologise Glenn.  I accept your logic (although I reject your
conclusion), and it's great we're having this discussion.

Perhaps I should accept that anything that can be a record is a document,
but I like Chris' comment that we don't make the definitions (although his
other statements seem to run counter to that thought).  If we define
document as (almost) any thing (or anything), are we flying in the face of
the generally accepted definition of that word?  Are we creating our own
jargon?  How can we converse intelligently with non-Records (and even
non-IT) people if we speak a different language?

Grahame