Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Definition of Record and Document
From: Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:39:14 +1000

Grahame

I've always said records are a subset of documents. Therefore all records
are documents (in the loosest, Evidence Act sense) but not all documents
are or become records.

It's simple, it works in practice, even CEO's can understand it.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any previous
or present
employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and they'd agreed, I
would have signed
it "Bloggs and Co and Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.