Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Web Page Retention
From: Bernard Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:20:29 -0700

John:

I have always advised clients to archive a picture of their websites
every time there is a change.  This will be insurance against possible
future claims.  Often only a subsection needs to be recorded.  Of
course, they also need to implement and audit a process to ensure that
the web records are complete and accurate.

The tool I like is the web capture feature in Acrobat.  It can descend
the tree and maintains the links.

The retention should be based upon the related business schedule.  For
example, if it is a business transaction, then the related schedules
apply.  Brochures and product claims follow from the schedule used for
paper versions.  Disclaimers as to accuracy on the web site are needed
just like they are on other documents.

Bernard Chester , CDIA, ICP
Principal
IMERGE Consulting
"Expertise in controlling unstructured information"
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.imergeconsult.com
Pacific Northwest Office
7683 SE 27 Street, #316
Mercer Island, WA  98040
office: 206-230-9253 / mobile: 206-979-7389