Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Records Destruction Authorization Procedures
From: "King, Terry L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:17:14 -0600

Good Afternoon All,

The company I work for has some 53,000 employees across the nation.  I am revamping the RIM Policies and Procedures.  In doing so, I have recommended that expired records not subject to legal holds or tax holds should be reviewed by Tax, Compliance, Legal and myself before they are destroyed.  A certificate of destruction should then be issued. I  understand that this is "best practice". However,  I am getting a lot of push back from upper management on this.

How do other large companies handle this process? It would seem that there must be variations on this process from company to company. Any information would be greatly appreciated.  You can respond to me directly if you like.  [log in to unmask]

Thank you,

Terry L. King, MIT
Corporate Records/Information Manager
Qwest Corporate Compliance/Risk Management

"I facilitate change. I protect vital assets. I ensure compliance. I reduce risk. I manage information. I am a Records and Information Manager".

Only the named recipient(s) should read this e-mail.  It may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you are not a named recipient or you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.

 <<King, Terry L.vcf>>