Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Friday Funny
From: Tracey Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:26:58 -0400

A helicopter was flying around above Seattle when an electrical malfunction
disabled all of the aircraft's electronic navigation and communications
equipment. Due to the clouds and haze, the pilot could not determine the
helicopter's position. The pilot saw a tall building, flew toward it,
circled, and held up a handwritten sign that said "WHERE AM I?" in large
letters. People in the tall building quickly responded to the aircraft, drew
a large sign, and held it in a building window. Their sign said "YOU ARE IN
A HELICOPTER." The pilot smiled, waved, looked at his map, determined the
course to steer to SEATAC airport, and landed safely. After they were on the

ground, the co-pilot asked the pilot how he had done it. "I knew it had to
be the Microsoft Building, because they gave me a technically correct but
completely useless answer."